North Shore Sol Mates Liveaboard Trip – September 15-17, 2023
North Shore Weekend – $500
Join Mark Manthey and Scuba Sally as they lead our Lake Superior excursion! The Great Lakes can be intimidating to explore…so let us show you the ropes!!! On this all-inclusive package, we will spend the weekend on the Sol Mates boat, diving all the popular North Shore sites! This excursion includes up to eight dives over the weekend, starting on Friday evening! There are only 5 spots available! This trip will fill quickly!
Possible dive sites include the Madeira, the Hesper, Shovel Point, China Beach, Split Rock Light House, Guano Island, Black Sand Beach, Seagull Cove, and other sites we have identified between Guano Island and Shovel Point.
Diving Off Sol Mates
Sol Mates’ 120 sq ft covered dive deck allows divers to get in and out of the water while staying out of the weather.
An onboard compressor provides air fills and warm water rinse hose helps mitigate the chilly Lake Superior water and a dryer is available for drying clothes and towels as well. The Sol Mates now has a hot water shower on the back deck for divers!
Ample gear storage space is available, as are standard 120v outlets for charging dive lights or camera gear.
The crew are experienced, helpful, friendly SCUBA professionals who are experienced in cold water diving and Great Lakes charter operations.
This trip does NOT include gear. 7mm suits are fine, but drysuits are recommended! Aquaventure has gear available for rent.
- 2 Nights’ bunk-style accommodations on the Sol Mates boat (docked in harbor)
- Up to 8 dives (1 Friday, 4 Saturday, 1 night dive, 2 Sunday)
- Tanks & weights
- Friday – Dinner
- Saturday – Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
- Sunday – Breakfast, Lunch
- Non-Alcoholic Beverages
- Transportation to/from Silver Bay Marina (must arrive by 5:30pm on Friday)
- Dive gear (less tanks & weights)
- Dive Crew Gratuities
- Alcoholic beverages (byob)
- Two private sleeping cabins
- Two heads with showers (one with a bathtub)
- Air conditioned/Heated salon area
- Full galley
- Covered dive deck
- Sundeck and fore deck area
- Air Compressor
- 2 Kayaks
- Selection of Movies for the HDTV
- Hot shower on the back deck
- Friendly and experienced crew 🙂
Where do we meet?
All divers need to be at Silver Bay Marina between 5:30pm -6:00pm. The Sol Mates will depart the marina at 6:30pm on Friday, September 16th for the first dive of the weekend!