Usually ships within 3 business days
INON UFL-G140 SD Underwater Semi-fisheye Conversion Lens (for GoPro Hero3/4)
Requires INON SD Cage Mount
The UFL-G140 SD provides wild wide underwater footage at nearly same view angle as using GoPro® on land.
Ultra Wide Even Underwater
Measured maximum angle of view of GoPro® HERO4/HERO3/HERO3+ Black Edition is approx. 151°on land which will narrow down to approx. 94° when we put the camera in genuine dive housing and bring it underwater due to different refraction index. The INON UFL-G140 SD provides ultra wide semi-fisheye imaging with angle of view 140° underwater enabling wild underwater video work only with GoPro® cameras.
* Measured angle of view by INON or calculated angle of view underwater based on the measured angle of view. Not confirmed by camera manufacture. The measured angle of view of “HERO3+ Silver Edition” is approx. 142°(air) which is less wide than the “Black Edition”. So angle of view underwater with this lens is less than 140°. The “HERO3+ White Edition” has not been tested.
Dynamic CFWA Imaging
Theoretically the depth of field (DoF) of the GoPro® HERO4, HERO3+ and HERO3 Black Edition on land is approx. 60cm/2ft to ∞. With the INON UFL-G140 SD, DoF underwater will be extended to 4cm/1.6in to ∞ for HERO4/HERO3+ or 10cm/3.9in to ∞ for HERO3 enabling you to shoot a subject at close range to benefit deformed and/or perspective result.
* DoF on land is based on focal length/aperture of camera lens and pixel pitch of the image sensor. DoF underwater is measured from “the forefront of the lens”. Other Edition has not been tested.
Professional-level Image Quality
The UFL-G140 SD is constructed of 4 elements in 4 groups. Rear element is made from high refractive index glass lens to minimize whole size dramatically without sacrificing performance. Front acrylic dome has five layers multi-coating on its inner surface providing as same grade of image quality as like optical glass dome at affordable pricing.
Bayonet INON SD Mount compatible to support friendly and speedy lens exchange underwater. Compatible with AD Lens Holder to hold a lens when not in use.
Size 93.4mm / 3.7in (Diameter), 41.8mm / 1.6in (Length)
Weight [air] 300g / 10.6oz
[underwater] approx. 153g / 5.4oz
Mount system INON SD Mount
Depth rating 60ｍ / 196.9ft
Body material/finishing Corrosion resistant aluminum alloy / rigid black alumite, PC etc.
Lens material/coating Optical glass/both side coating,
Optical plastic/both side hard coating, inner multi-coating
Depth of field (*1) 4cm / 1.6in to ∞ (HERO4, HERO3+ Black)
10cm / 3.9in to ∞ (HERO3 Black)
Lens construction 4 groups 4 elements
Max. view angle (*2) 140.0°(underwater)
(*1) Measured distance underwater for GoPro® HEOR4/HERO3+ Black/HERO3 Black. Divide by 1.33 for visual distance underwater. Other Edition has not been tested.
(*2) Actual angle of view (actual field of view) varies among different shooting modes.
When using the UFL-G140 SD]
* No vignetting even at FOV setting WIDE.
* UFL-G140 SD is designed only for underwater use. When using on land, distant subject is not in focus and angle of view is not as wide as rated.
* Not usable for [SuperView™] supported by GoPro® HERO4 and HERO3+ Black Edition as this mode adds software-based deformation effect (changing aspect ratio from original 4:3 to 16:9) enhancing more aberrations when using an attachment lens. It would not recommendable to use “SuperView” when using the INON UFL-G140 SD.