Open Water Diver
Get certified in scuba diving with Aquaventure Dive & Photo!
If you’ve always wanted to take scuba diving lessons, experience unparalleled adventure, and see the world beneath the waves, Aquaventure Dive & Photo is where to start! Get your scuba diving certification with the PADI Open Water Diver course – the world’s most popular and widely recognized scuba course. Millions of people have learned to scuba dive and gone on to discover the wonders of the aquatic world with this certification.
To enroll in a PADI Open Water Diver course (or Junior Open Water Diver course), you must be 10 years old or older. You need adequate swimming skills and need to be in good physical health. No prior experience with scuba diving is required.
With Aquaventure Dive & Photo Center, you have the advantage of training in our on-site heated pool and in our SMALL class sizes. Your convenience and comfort are important to us! An onsite pool allows us to offer you free pool time (on Tuesdays) to practice your skills between the completion of your pool/classroom training (part 1) and your open water training dives (part 2). We also offer a variety of locations for the open water/part 2 class.
At Aquaventure, we have a large staff of experienced and highly qualified instructors and divemasters, who not only love the sport of diving, but love to share their passion with new divers. You can count on them to be patient, thorough, and to put safety first!
What Do I Need To Bring To Class?
You will need to bring your swim suit, a towel, and your personal mask, snorkel, and fins. We supply all other equipment needed for the class. Why do you need your own mask, snorkel, and fins? These are personal items that require the right fit for you! There is no single mask style or fin that will be a perfect fit for everyone. Ensuring you have a clean and proper mask, fin, and snorkel set for your training (and future diving) will allow you to focus on your diving instead of the distractions improperly fitted gear can cause. These 3 simple equipment pieces are a wise investment that will last decades when properly used, cleaned, and stored!
For information on mask, snorkel, and fin sets, click here for a few online options, or stop in and speak with our retails specialists. You can try on one of our MANY display masks and fins! We have the largest selection of masks, snorkels, and fins in Minnesota! Do you wear glasses? NO PROBLEM! We also offer RX masks!
6:00pm – 9:30pm – Pool
8:30am – 4:30pm – Pool/Classroom
8:30am – 1:30pm Dives 1 & 2
8:30am – 12:30pm Dives 3 & 4
The Aquaventure Advantage
- Most Complete Dive Center in the Midwest!
- Small class sizes for your comfort and safety!
- Onsite Classrooms and Pool (no need to run around town for your classroom and pool training)
- Onsite Custom Designed Scuba Training Pool
- Our Pool Water Temp is 86 Degrees (unlike community pools 78 degrees)
- Unlimited Pool Practice Time (call for details)!
- FREE Use of Top of the Line Aqualung & Scubapro Scuba Gear for Class!
- Try various pieces of scuba gear before purchasing!
- Free Scuba Certification Dives Offered for Customers on our Dive Trips!
- Largest and Most Experienced Training Staff in the State!
- Largest and Most Fully Stocked Showroom in the State!
- Subway Restaurant Onsite for Lunch
- Onsite Soda Pop and Candy Machines for your Convenience
“I’ve done all my training and testing with The Aquaventure teams. They have great instructors, fun atmosphere, all very knowledgable, and work hard to make your diving experience worth remembering… If you ever thought about experiencing scuba diving, I would highly recommend starting here!!!”
“I’ve been to all the dive shops in town and Aquaventure definitely has the Friendliest staff and best selection of gear!”
“Awesome instructors! I was more than prepared for my training dives when I went to Florida!”
“Great place to learn how to dive. Very private with close instruction. Go as fast as you are comfortable with. Super friendly instructors. My 10 year old and I loved it. A great experience. Top notch dive shop!”
“Me and my 11 year old son took the PADI Open Water Diver class through Aquaventure and we could not be happier with the experience. Erik did a fantastic job of educating and coaching us through the entire process.”
“Both of my teens have achieved their Open-Water certifications now with training from their excellent instructors and dive masters. As a 27 year diver, I whole-heartedly trust Aquaventure to provide quality training and service!”
Part 1 – Classroom & Pool Training (Confined Water Training)
Homework prior to classroom/pool training dates is completed online. Your online eLearning Code must be purchased directly from Aquaventure and is included in the prices below. If an eLearning code is purchased elsewhere, a fee of $150 for classroom/pool will be assessed.
- Group Lessons eLearning* – $289 Click here to purchase an eLearning class
- Semi-Private (Two to three participants)* – $369
- Private (One-on-one training)* – $455 Click here to purchase a private class.
Part 2 – Open Water Check Out Dives (Open Water Training)
- Group Lessons* – $225
- Semi-Private* – $305 for three participants, $395 for two participants
- Private* – $495
Upgrade from PADI “Scuba Diver” to PADI “Open Water Diver”
- Price $259 (student needs to complete training below)
- Classroom – Modules 4 & 5
- Confined Water Dives 4 & 5
- Open Water Dives 3 & 4
Lake Maps – click links below for directions and info
* Visit Aquaventure Dive & Photo for additional information. Part 1 course fees include eLearning code, classroom and pool training. Part 2 includes four open water training dives and certification processing fees.
Travel with us to any of our winter group travel destinations and we will finish your Part 2 training FOR FREE in warm ocean waters! If you already have travel plans, you can complete part 1 of the course with us, and complete your dives almost anywhere in the world with another scuba instructor, fees vary by location.
Cancelation Policy – Course fees are due upon class enrollment to guarantee your space in the class. Class fees are non-refundable within 14 days of the class start date and are non-transferable within 7 days of class start time. Once PADI eLearning codes are assigned and redeemed (student account is created) these codes are non-refundable ($190ea). One class date transfer is allowed for a fee of $90. All course fees are forfeited if you do not attend.
Aquaventure provides most of the scuba gear you need, but students must have their own mask, snorkel and fins. Our retail specialists can help you choose these items according to your personal fit and budget.
Ask about our ongoing specials if you purchase a complete SCUBA equipment setup during your Open Water Scuba class!
The PADI specialty courses or the Advanced Open Water Diver certification course.
- Be at least 10 years old
- To complete your Open Water certification (check out) dives, you must have completed Part 1.
Aquaventure Dive & Photo instructors will not allow you into the water until the proper documents have been completed and signed.
Required Course Forms
- PADI Medical Statement – 10063 (PDF)
- PADI Liability Release and Assumption of Risk Agreement – 10072 (PDF)
- PADI Standard Safe Diving Practices Statement of Understanding – 10060 (PDF)
- PADI Youth Diving Responsibility and Risks Acknowledgment (PDF) for children under the age of 12.