Bahamas High School Adventure Trip June 16-22, 2018
Aquaventure Dive & Photo Center has been in business for over 20 years. Safety and thorough training have always been our mission. In partnership with the Anoka Hennepin School District and Bob Ameli (teacher at Andover high school), we bring you a truly unique and unforgettable learning experience!
Blackbeard’s Cruises offers liveaboard scuba diving vacations to the Bahamas Out Islands. We offer the Caribbean’s largest variety of diving including shark dives, walls, high speed drift dives including the Washing Machine, night dives, blue holes and the beautiful coral reefs of the Exumas Land & Sea Park. Blackbeard’s Cruises 65′ sailboats depart Nassau, Bahamas every Saturday for a week of liveaboard diving in the Exumas, SW Eleuthera & Little San Sal in the Central Bahamas. The camaraderie and adventure on our liveaboard dive trips keep divers coming back year after year. Our motto is “Twice the Fun for Half the Price”….you won’t get a better bang out of your diving dollar anywhere else in the Caribbean!
Dive the Caribbean’s largest underwater park, the Exumas Land & Sea Park. Divers can experience deep sea diving on the many beautiful walls. Sharks are a big draw for divers! See Caribbean reef sharks, nurse sharks, even tiger sharks on the sandy banks! Colorful reefs teeming with marine life sit in depths of 15- 80 feet so divers of all levels enjoy the scuba diving we offer on our Bahamas scuba diving vacations! These dive sites are only reached by scuba diving liveaboards.
The central Bahamas were once the hideout of pirates and privateers… now these islands offer spectacular diving in warm, crystal clear waters with deserted beaches as backdrop each week during our adventure travel vacations. Visit Allen’s Cay to feed the iguanas.
There is no set itinerary- we go where conditions and weather are the best to offer our divers an adventure of a lifetime! Scuba liveaboards offer the best variety of diving available- dive with sharks at Amberjack Reef, watch eagle rays gracefully glide by the walls, get tumbled around on our high speed drift dive, the Washing Machine or shoot photos of all the great macro and micro shots you’ll see in the gin clear water of the Bahamas.
EARN COLLEGE CREDIT FOR YOUR PADI COURSE ON THE TRIP!
How It Works
Validating the quality of the PADI System of diver education, many institutions and national educational councils around the world recommend PADI scuba courses for college credit, occupational certificates or educational funding. Find out how it works in your area.
The American Council on Education (ACE) through its College Credit Recommendation Service has evaluated and recommended college credit for 18 PADI courses and one Emergency First Response course. ACE is the major coordinating body for all the nation’s higher education institutions.
Want to learn more? Download an information sheet and Student Transcript Request form (pdf) or contact PADI Americas at [email protected].
- Round Trip Air from Minneapolis to Nassau, Bahamas
- 7 days & 6 nights onboard a 65′ sailboat – cruising the Exuma Islands of the Bahamas
- Daily hands-on exploration and study of the coral reef and ecosystem
- Daily onboard assignments and Marine Biology lessons with Bob Ameli
- All meals, snacks, and beverages onboard
- A Lifetime PADI Open Water Scuba Certification (includes textbooks, classroom/pool instruction, open water dive training, and certification processing
- Rental of Scuba Equipment for training and entire week in the Bahamas
- Up to 5 dives a day and unlimited snorkeling with safe, certified Instructors/Divemaster
- Scuba Mask, Fins, and Snorkel (yours to keep!)
- Shark Dive (optional)
- Deep Sea Fishing
- Sailing Assistant
- Deckhand Duties – responsibilities at sea
- All Ground Transfers
- Marine Park Fees
- Fuel surcharges and Port Taxes
- Trip T-Shirt
- Trip “Memories DVD”
- Passport (required!)
- Meals during travel days
- Airline Baggage Fees
- Incidentals/personal items
- Travel/Medical Insurance (www.dan.org)
Trip Payment Schedule:
- Reservation Deposit – $750
- January 15th – $750
- March 15th – $750
- Final Balance Due April 15th – $345
NOTE – reservation deposit is nonrefundable
Cash Price = $2595 (please add 3% for credit card payments)