Aquaventure Family Scuba Trip – June 10-17, 2023
JUNE 10-17, 2023
Welcome to Aquaventure’s Family SCUBA Trip!
It’s time to unplug, recharge, and make family memories that will last a lifetime! We have activities planned for everyone – both in and out of the water! This is an ALL-INCLUSIVE trip with no hidden costs! Say GOODBYE to those post-trip outrageous credit card bills!
How does this work?
We’ve planned family activities as well as time for you to recharge without the kids! Each morning, families eat breakfast together and then parents head out for a two-tank morning boat dive. The younger kids enjoy a fun-filled morning of kid’s club activities while Turquoise Bay’s experienced divemasters take the teen divers out on their very own boat! (Max depth 40 feet for ages 10-11 and max. 60 feet for ages 12-14.)
The morning dive boats return and parent’s meet up with their kids for lunch together before heading out on an afternoon one-tank family boat dive. That’s right…it’s the best of both worlds…dive on your own and dive with the whole family! Do you have non-diving kids? No worries! They can stay at Kid’s Club with the nannies while the rest of the family enjoys their afternoon dive together. Does one spouse dive and the other doesn’t? No worries! Non-diving parents can get some downtime while the boats are out and the kids are at Kid’s Club. Stroll the beach, shop west-end Roatan, take a dip in the pool, snorkel from shore, or read a book in the hammocks! Enjoy what you want while your family is well cared for! Evenings are spent dining as a family with local entertainment and optional activities.
Why a family scuba trip?
We are parents too and understand how challenging it is to connect with kids in this fast-paced world! We have also experienced the amazing bond that adventure travel brings to families. Therefore, we have designed this trip so that no one will have to compromise their vacation! There will be plenty of opportunities to build lasting memories – both in and out of the water.
What will we do?
Dive and snorkel together, kayak the mangroves, zipline the jungle canopy, tour the botanical gardens, visit the Monkey and Sloth Sanctuary, learn the art of sand sculpting, hear about Turquoise Bay’s coral restoration program, sing karaoke, eat three meals a day together, watch the fire dancers and local entertainment, or just play together in the pool! All of these activities are included in the cost of the trip to make it easy and carefree! As a result, relax and enjoy your family time! We’ve got you covered!
Who is leading the group?
The trip leader is Aquaventure Instructor, Aaron Allison! As a father of two scuba kids, he and his wife are avid divers and believe that a family that travels and dives together creates a very special bond. Aaron’s experience traveling and sharing scuba adventures with his young family brings a unique and helpful perspective as Aquaventure’s trip leader!
We have chosen the remote and quaint Turquoise Bay Resort as your paradise destination for the week. The onsite dive shop has years of experience teaching kids scuba, snorkeling, and how to care for our beautiful ocean. Located on the northeast end of Roatan, this is an ideal spot for those who have a passion for exploration and a desire to disconnect and relax. The resort is nestled between a lush tropical backdrop and a long white-sand beach!
Due to its close proximity to pristine reefs, Roatan is famous for its world-class diving! The reefs are easily accessible for both first-time divers and experienced divers, which provides the opportunity for all levels of divers to explore a variety of marine environments at shallow depths with colorful walls that go as deep as your certification allows you to dive!
How do I sign up?
Stop in or call the shop to place a deposit of $300 per person to hold your spots. Complete the Trip Sign Up Form for each family member and drop off/email/or mail it to the shop. Make sure you let us know if you want to upgrade to an oceanfront room!
Join us and all the scuba families who have been waiting for this type of family excursion! You and your family are bound to meet new friends and enjoy a week of relaxation and adventure!
Trip Sign up Form
- Round Trip Airfare from Minneapolis
- Airport Ground Transfers
- 7 nights’ accommodations at Turquoise Bay Resort
- 19% Hotel taxes and Fees
- Welcome Orientation Meet and Greet
- Three Meals Daily, including kids menu
- Unlimited beverages, including alcohol for adults
- 5 days of 3-tank guided boat dives
- 2-tank morning boat dives – separate parent boat and teen boat
- 1-tank afternoon dives – families dive together on same boat
- Jr. Open Water checkout dives included for ages 10-14 seeking certification
- Intro Scuba programs for ages 5-10 (SASY and Seal Team with instructors in the pool/shallow water)
- Nanny care / Kid’s Club (while parents dive)
- Beach BBQ
- Paddle boards
- Beach games and volleyball
- Jungle Canopy Zipline Adventure
- Mayan Jungle Monkey Excursion
- Fire Dancer Show
- Sand Sculpture Lessons
- Reef and Coral Educational Presentation
- Roatan Botanical Tour
Adult Trip Price (ages 18 and up):
- Double Occ Adult Diver: $2455
- Double Occ Adult Non-Diver: $2355
- Single Occupancy Adult Diver: $2700
- Single Occupancy Adult Non-Diver: $2600
Children Trip Prices (ages 17 and under):
(must have at least one parent in room at prices above)
- Teen or Jr. Open Water Boat Divers (ages 10-17): $1875
- Seal Team Divers – scuba in pool/beach only (ages 8-10): $1775
- SASY Divers – snorkel-scuba in pool (ages 5-7): $1450
- No Dive Child Price (age 11-17): $1775
- No Dive Child Prices (ages 5-10): $1375
- Ages 3-4: $815
- Ages 2 and under: FREE (no airline ticket, ride on parent’s lap)
- Oceanfront Upgrade: Add $300 per room
- No Airfare: Subtract $700
- Nitrox (if nitrox certified) – approx. $150/week
- Gratuities for resort staff, boat crew, dive guides, dive instructors
- Scuba Equipment for certified divers (gear included for Seal Team and Sasy kids)
- If completing certification in Roatan – Elearning and Pool Class from Aquaventure ($299)
- Onsite Spa services
- Optional offsite excursions – dolphin experience, west-end shopping, etc – can be arranged onsite
NOTE: $300 Non Refundable deposit per person holds your spot for this trip. Final trip payment is due by April 5, 2023. We strongly recommend travelers insurance. Quality insurance options can be found at DAN.org, Diveassure.com, or Travelsafe.com. Airfare rates are based on early sign up, future rates are approximate. Due to rising fuel costs, airlines have been imposing additional charges without notice, prices subject to change.